Every brand dreams of scoring that coveted feature story in a top-tier publication, or making headlines in a major news outlet.
But in today’s fast-paced media landscape, getting the attention of busy journalists and influencers can be tough.
That’s why having a digital press center can be a game-changer for any brand looking to build a strong media presence. Luckily, as online press kits are one of Flaunter’s core features, our team are brimming with knowledge, experience and expert tips to help you make the most out of your digital press center – from creating a killer press kit to crafting attention-grabbing press releases that will get noticed.
What is a digital press center/office/kit?
A digital press center is a centralised location where journalists and media professionals can access a brand’s news, press releases, product information, high-quality images and other important brand assets. It’s a vital tool for any brand looking to increase their media exposure and build strong relationships with journalists and influencers.
Creating a killer press kit
First impressions matter, especially in the world of media relations. That’s why a well-crafted press kit is an essential tool for any brand. Your press kit should include all the information journalists need to write about and promote your brand, including:
- Your brand story and mission statement
- High-quality (etched) product images and lifestyle photos
- Company and product fact sheets
- Executive bios and headshots
- Press releases and media coverage highlights
- Social links
- Brand assets and logo variants
When creating your press kit, make sure it’s visually appealing, easy to navigate and up-to-date. You want to make it as easy as possible for journalists to find the information they need and write about your brand.
Uploading beautiful press-ready imagery
High-res imagery is a critical component of any digital press center. Why? Well, media professionals are always on the lookout for high-quality images that will make their stories stand out. Having a collection of professional-grade images readily available in your digital press center can make all the difference in getting your brand noticed. It not only saves time for the journalists but also ensures that your brand is presented in the best light possible.
- Use high-quality cameras and professional lighting to capture images that are sharp and well-lit.
- Edit your images to ensure they are free of any unwanted elements and showcase your brand’s style and identity.
- Save your images in multiple formats and sizes to ensure they are easily accessible to journalists, including high-resolution versions suitable for print.
- Organise your images in a logical and easy-to-navigate manner within your digital press center.
- Use descriptive filenames and captions to help journalists quickly identify and understand the content of each image.
- Regularly update your digital press center with new and relevant images to keep journalists interested and engaged.
- Consider offering exclusive or limited-edition images to media professionals to make your brand stand out and increase the likelihood of media coverage.
Crafting attention-grabbing press releases
A press release is your brand’s chance to tell its story to the world. But with so many brands vying for attention, how can you make sure your press release stands out?
- Keep it concise and to the point. Journalists are busy people, so make sure your press release gets to the heart of your story quickly.
- Use a strong headline and lead. Your headline and lead are the first things journalists will see, so make sure they grab their attention.
- Include high-quality images and multimedia. Images and multimedia can help bring your story to life and make it more shareable on social media.
- Use quotes and statistics to back up your claims. Journalists are more likely to write about your brand if you can provide credible sources and data to support your story.
Maximising your digital press center’s reach
Now that you have a killer press kit, how can you make sure journalists and influencers actually see them? Here are some tips for maximising your digital press center’s reach:
- Make sure the link to your press center is easy to find on your website, social media profiles, email signature and digital business card. You want to make it as easy as possible for journalists and influencers to find your press center.
- Reach out to journalists and influencers directly. Don’t be afraid to pitch your story to journalists and influencers who cover your industry.
- Leverage social media. Share your press releases and media coverage on your social media channels to reach a wider audience.
- Monitor and track your media coverage. Use a media monitoring tool to track your brand’s media coverage and identify potential opportunities for follow-up stories.
Remember, the key is to make it as easy as possible for journalists and influencers to access the information they need to write about your brand. With a little bit of effort and the right tools, you can build a robust digital press center that drives media coverage and boosts your brand’s visibility.